Duties & Obligations

Celebrant Services

Standard of Service
Service of your wedding celebrant

As your dedicated marriage celebrant, I consent to be present as the authorized marriage celebrant, taking a public role in the wedding ceremony.

Important paperwork

Notice of Intended Marriage

A new Notice of Intended Marriage form, which couples must use from 9 December 2017, is available on the Attorney General’s Department website under ‘Marriage Forms’.  The celebrant will complete the  Notice of Intended Marriage in the presence of both parties at least one month before the wedding. You can give it to your celebrant up to 18 months beforehand.  The notice may be commenced by the Celebrant and one party to the marriage but before the ceremony can take place both parties must sign and complete the form along with the Declaration of No Legal Impediment to the Marriage. The notice may be completed and witnessed outside Australia if required.

Your wedding celebrant legalizes the wedding vows

The exchange of vows constitute the marriage. At CPG Marriages you find a dedicated and certified wedding celebrant in Sydney, Australia. We know how important your wedding day is for you and we will make sure it will be a most beautiful and memorable event for you and all family and witnesses present. We will be there to advise, assist and legalize the exchange of your wedding vows.

Validity of Marriage

As your wedding celebrant I take responsibility to ensure the validity of the marriage according to law and say the words required by section 46 in the presence of the parties, the formal witnesses and the guests before the marriage is solemnized.
I will be in close proximity (i.e. nearby) when the vows required by section 45(2) are exchanged because it is the exchange of vows that constitute the marriage and the authorized wedding celebrant should ensure that they see and hear the vows exchanged.
Being part of the ceremonial group or being nearby to it I will then sign the papers required by the Act.

after the marriage

On the day of your wedding, you will sign three marriage certificates. Each of those should be signed by both parties to the marriage ceremony, your celebrant and two witnesses. Your celebrant will give you one of the certificates as a record of your marriage.  Now, within 14 days, your celebrant has to submit your marriage paperwork to the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the state or territory in which the marriage took place . The certificate issued by the Registry of births, Deaths and Marriages is required for many official purposes. You should apply for a copy of this certificate from the registry after your wedding through the relevant Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

I Also Help Couples With

Creating a Budget

Choosing a Style

Booking a Venue

Caterers and Desserts


Guests & Invitations

Gift Registry

Day of Coordination

 Rehearsal Dinner

Venue Decor




It’s Going to be Perfect!

Let’s Plan Your Big Day!